Effective at sunrise on Saturday, May 2nd 2020, the Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park in Lambertville, NJ will reopen to the public. Governor Murphy’s order requires social distancing to continue to be practiced except with “immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners.” It is also noted that organized sports remain prohibited.
In line with the Governor’s order, we will reopen our Club site this weekend for single sculling and doubles with a person you have been sheltering-in-place with.
Please note the following:
- Annual membership dues must be paid and waivers signed prior to rowing
- Strict adherence to our Club’s Safety Flag protocol must be followed
- The restrooms at the site remain closed
- The Club’s storage equipment trailer remains closed. Rowers will need to provide their own rigging tools and cleaning supplies
- We only have a limited number of Club singles and doubles at the site
- Organized group rowing activity in large boats remains prohibited
Over the next few days, the SCRC Board will be releasing our plan for those members looking to row with Club-owned singles and doubles. Rowing Club-owned boats is not permitted until this plan has been communicated.
Private boat owners can resume using the site effective Saturday, however a red flag is likely to be posted with the river level forecast to be at 16ft.
I trust that you and your family are staying well. Thank you for your patience. Stay posted for more guidance over the weekend.
Hopefully this is the first small step of many to get our lives back to normal, both on and off the river.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Swan Creek Rowing Club