It’s that time of the year again and we need to start preparing for the Rowing Season. As you are aware, we are taking a different approach this year, going away from a Centralized Model (VP does a lot) to a De-Centralized Model with Operating Committees that are responsible to perform the upkeep of SCRC equipment during the rowing season.
Each Committee Lead will execute their responsibilities through organizing tasks with Club Members who volunteer to work with committees. The first step is to identify the Committee Leads and then we can work on the details and tasks that follow.
We really need you to make this happen! Please send your interest in becoming a Committee Lead to Alan Albanir at BoatCaptain@swancreekrowing.com as soon as possible and let’s make this a great season. If you are interested in being part of a specific committee, please respond with your interests.
Below is a list of Operating Committees with their associated responsibilities. The list may look daunting, but by distributing the work among the members, it becomes very reasonable. We will create a method for members to track their volunteer time as well as sign up for tasks that Committee Leads designate.
- Site Committee – Bob Edwards – Committee Lead
- Supplies Maintenance
- Shed/Desk Organization
- Maintain inventory of common bolt/nuts, skegs, oar spacers, trailer flags, slings and tools
- Maintain 2 Regatta tool boxes with appropriate equipment for basic repairs and rigging for races
- Maintain dawn/dusk running lights and site dawn/dusk lights
- Supplies Maintenance
- Coordination of Rowing Season Site Tasks
- Towels & boat cleaner
- Weed and grass trimming; weed control
- General site cleanliness
- Coordination of Spring & Fall Site Cleanup
- Maintain/repair boat & oar racks
- Apply wood Chips each Spring
- Launch/Trailer Committee – LEADER VOLUNTEER NEEDED
- Coordinate servicing of trailers and launch engines
- Coordinate safety items for launches – life jackets, anchors and ladders
- Coordinate setup and removal of launches for Spring & Fall
- Coordinate new launches and disposal of old launches, as need
- Coordinate with SCRC VP/Treasurer for gas purchases and registrations of equipment
- Maintain docking lines
- Address/coordinate any needs that come up during the season
- Oar Committee – LEADER VOLUNTEER NEEDED
- Coordinate Painting of oars
- Coordinate labeling and rigging of oars (Inboard/outboard settings)
- Coordinate repairs as needed during season
- Team/Sculling Boat Committees – LEADER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Five (5)
- The Men’s Masters, Women’s Masters, Women’s Quad, Youth and Sculling Team Committee Leads will be in charge of coordinating the overall care of their respective boats. Boat committees will perform basic repairs (i.e: skegs, oar locks – training will be provided) and will work with the VP for major repairs. Coordinate regular checking/cleaning and scheduling of needed tasks.
Contact Alan Albanir