This is a reminder that the Membership meeting and Splash Regatta will take place this Saturday, May 31, from 9am to noon at the boat site. The event will kick off with a quick meeting for club members, featuring a safety presentation by the New Hope Eagle Fire Company. We encourage all members to attend the safety presentation and hear this valuable information.
After the meeting, names will be drawn randomly to compete in 500 meter sweep and sculling races, using 8s, quads, 4s and doubles. We are also anticipating a few individual ‘challenge’ competitions, with bragging rights on the line.
If you would like to race in the SPLASH, please send an email to board member Nick Colvin email@example.com
Our Youth Booster Parents will be bringing food for everyone to enjoy at the event, and contributions to the Youth Program will be gratefully accepted for those inclined to do so.
- 9:00 to 9:30 – Member meeting with safety presentation
- 9:30 to noon – Races
- Eights will start the day
- Quads will follow eights (note quads will be seated and proceed toward start line before eights are finished)
- Fours will follow quads (see note above)
- Doubles will follow fours (see note above)
- Challenges and singles will round out the day
This is a great way for Swan Creek to start the 2014 season! I hope to see you on Saturday!