Please be aware that the water level is dropping. Watch your depth. What was deep enough on your last row may be too shallow today. In general:
- Stay close to the center line of the river on the appropriate side for your direction of travel (Jersey upstream, Pennsy downstream).
- Watch the rocky area jutting out by Swan Creek.
- Move closer to the center line when passing Alexauken Creek, watch for traffic in the opposite direction. Frequently only one boat can pass. (Think of it a a single lane bridge on a two-way road.)
- Use the bridge openings on either side of the center pylon appropriate for your direction of travel. Row thru the center of the opening.
- Above the toll bridge, traveling upstream on the Jersey side, stay as close as possible to the center line without crossing over to the Pennsy/downstream side.