ALL ARE WELCOME – EXPERIENCED OR NEWBIES.
OUR GOAL IS TO TEACH GOOD ROWING IN A RELAXED ENVIRONMENT AND HAVE FUN.
You are invited to the first annual Fall Development Squad Program. Tonight, 6:00 pm at the boat launch area. Below are the topics we will be reviewing in the next few weeks. Experienced rowers are welcome – its technical rowing and a good opportunity to sharpen your sweep skills, try sweep rowing if you are a long-time sculler, try a different rowing side, build your rowing fitness, or just go out for an enjoyable, low-stress row with a little free coaching.
I hope you will join us, grow your rowing career, support budding rowers, and continue the mission of Swan Creek Rowing Club.
- 9/20 – Proper “boat setting”, order of the stroke, timing and hand placement – rowing by 4s We will also discuss the role of the coxswain.
- 9/27 – Introduction to proper acceleration and connection – rowing by 4s and 6s by the end.
- 10/4 – Feathering and pause drills – 6s and 4s
- 10/11 – progress into all 8+ rowing
- 10/18 – No Practice
- 10/25 – Review
- 11/1 – Timed 500M pieces or possible scrimmage with other novices