Presented by: SWAN CREEK ROWING CLUB in Lambertville, NJ
Have you seen the rowers out on Delaware, and wondered how to get involved in the sport of Rowing?
Now is your chance! The Swan Creek Rowing Club will conduct a Learn to Row program!
The Learn to row program is for adults looking to get started and includes four on the water Rowing Sessions. Participants will receive instruction from the Swan Creek coaching staff.
- Body mechanics of the stroke
- Fundamental rowing topics such as: how to set the boat, run, stroke timing
- Blade (oar) technique
- Use of rowing machine (ergometer or “erg”)
- Introduction to training and racing
- Boat safety
- Equipment terminology and care
Each session will last ~2 hours consist of the following activities:
- Land coaching via demonstration on the ergs (rowing machines you see in the gym)
- Light erg session to practice technique and body mechanics
- Rowing on the Delaware in an 8-person or 4-person rowing shells
8/10 (Sunday) 1pm
8/22 (Friday) 6:30pm
8/31 (Sunday) 1 pm
9/5 (Friday) 6:30 pm
If you would like to participate or have questions regarding the program, Contact the Swan Creek Rowing Club at email@example.com