Great blurb on Mackenzie King in the Bucks County Courier Times: Citizen Scholar Bucks County Technical High School
Please be aware that the water level is dropping. Watch your depth. What was deep enough on your last row may be too shallow today. In general:
- Stay close to the center line of the river on the appropriate side for your direction of travel (Jersey upstream, Pennsy downstream).
- Watch the rocky area jutting out by Swan Creek.
- Move closer to the center line when passing Alexauken Creek, watch for traffic in the opposite direction. Frequently only one boat can pass. (Think of it a a single lane bridge on a two-way road.)
- Use the bridge openings on either side of the center pylon appropriate for your direction of travel. Row thru the center of the opening.
- Above the toll bridge, traveling upstream on the Jersey side, stay as close as possible to the center line without crossing over to the Pennsy/downstream side.