The 2012 Quaker City Masters Regatta is scheduled for Saturday, August 4th, 2012. Registration is now open. This is the last chance to race before the Masters Nationals. Hope to see you all there!
Please be aware that the water level is dropping. Watch your depth. What was deep enough on your last row may be too shallow today. In general:
- Stay close to the center line of the river on the appropriate side for your direction of travel (Jersey upstream, Pennsy downstream).
- Watch the rocky area jutting out by Swan Creek.
- Move closer to the center line when passing Alexauken Creek, watch for traffic in the opposite direction. Frequently only one boat can pass. (Think of it a a single lane bridge on a two-way road.)
- Use the bridge openings on either side of the center pylon appropriate for your direction of travel. Row thru the center of the opening.
- Above the toll bridge, traveling upstream on the Jersey side, stay as close as possible to the center line without crossing over to the Pennsy/downstream side.
Photos up on Row2k. Probably some more out there, but looks like some of the events didn’t make it.